These are the features of the current DodoCAD release.
This section lists the DodoCAD menu items with a brief explanation of each. Letters in parenthesis following some items are their keyboard shortcuts.
- QuickView Save (VVV) -- Save a QuickView of the current view and layer state.
- QuickView Restore (VV) -- Restore the previously saved QuickView.
- Zoom, Extents 95% (ZZ) -- Zoom to 95% of Extents (leaves a narrow area of screen around it).
- Display Hatch to Back (HTB) -- Move hatch to display at back of drawing.
- Annotation (IIA) -- Insert DodoCAD Annotation from a graphical selection.
- Attribute Box (ATTBX) -- Draw a 3D rectangle from entered dimensions and with a centered text tag. Use Options to set layer (non-ByLayer) for attribute tag, saved per drawing. (Set back to "0" to restore ByLayer.)
- Insert from Slide... (II) -- Insert a block using DodoCAD's slide selector.
- Batt Insulation (BATT) -- Draw batten insulation in section.
- Circle, 2P (CRR) -- Draw a circle with 2 points.
- Revision Clouds (REVC) -- Draw revision clouding on the current layer.
- Rounded Rectangle (RREC) -- Draw a rectangle with corners rounded according to current scale.
- Square (SQUARE, SQ) -- Draw a square dimensioned by area or side length.
- Steel Shapes... -- Insert W and C shapes by picking their size in a dialog.
- Text to Attribute -- Convert single-line Text to an Attribute of the same tag name (minus spaces) and contents.
- Properties, All Dwg. Entities -- Affects all entities in the drawing.
- Color ByLayer -- Set all entity colors to ByLayer
- Elevation 0 -- Set all entity elevations to 0
- Flatten Z-height (FLATTEN) -- Set common entity Z-coordinate to 0
- Linetype ByLayer -- Set all entity linetypes to ByLayer
- Linescale 1 -- Set all entity linetype scales to 1
- Lineweight ByLayer -- Set all entity lineweights to ByLayer
- Thickness 0 -- Set all entity thicknesses to 0
- Plotstyle ByLayer -- Set all entity thicknesses to 0
- All (above) -- Use all utilities in the submenu at once
- Attribute Box Edit (ATTBXE) -- Edit the Attribute Box size by entering new dimensions. (Double-click on the text to edit it.
- Block Fix (BLOCKFIX) -- Make all block sub-entities ByLayer.
- Block Rename Anonymous -- Rename anonymous blocks to "Blk-" followed by a number.
- Break At Point (BRR) -- Break an entity into two at a selected point.
- Copy-Rotate (CPR) -- Rotate while copying.
- Dimension Text to Home (DDH) -- Move a dimension's text to home position.
- Duplicate Removal -- Deletes entities duplicated within the drawing or selected window.
- Join Lines (JOIN, JJ) -- Make lines meet. (Effectively chamfer with a distance of 0.)
- Polyline Join (PLJ) -- Join lines and polylines into a continuous polyline.
- Scale Non-uniformly (SCC) -- Scale objects, optionally with dissimilar X and Y values.
- Wall Trim -- Trim two intersecting pairs of lines as if at a wall intersection.
- Weld Lines (WELD, WW) -- Weld two lines together as one.
- Layer Set Add -- Layers common to each discipline.
- Floor plans
- Ceiling plans
- Floor plans
- Ceiling plans
- Site plans
- Power plans
- Lighting plans
- Telecom plans
- Filter Delete, All -- Deletes the sometimes cumbersum layer filters that can slow the opening of the layer dialog.
- Lock Lock Isolate (LLI) -- Lock all but layer of object selected. (Makes layer current.)
- Layer Unlock (All) (LU) -- Unlock all layers.
- Xref Layers Set -- Change all Xref layers to the color selected by dialog.
- Areas of Polylines (AREAS) -- Add a summarized total of selected polylines, rectangles and circles.
- Count Block Entities -- Count the number of entities within a block.
- Length of Objects (MLEN) -- Total length of selected objects.
- Imperial Setup -- Configure drawing settings with conventional Imperial settings.
- Landscape Architecture -- 1 unit = 1 foot, Architectural units.
- Architecture -- 1 unit = 1 inch, Architectural units.
- Engineering -- 1 unit = 1 inch, Engineering units.
- Metric Setup -- Configure drawing settings with conventional Metric settings. (Note: Please help us refine this on the general mailing list.)
- Meters -- 1 unit = 1 m, Decimal units.
- Millimeters -- 1 unit = 1 mm, Decimal units.
- Load DodoCAD Custom Linetypes -- Load a few custom DodoCAD linetypes.
- Polyline Width -- Set the global polyline width.
- Draw RGB Color Blocks... -- Draw a whole series of blocks representing the RGB spectrum.
- Duplicate Removal -- Attempt to remove duplicate lines by Window or All.
- Reload All Xrefs (XRR) -- Reload all Xrefs.
- Slide Make (current drawing) -- Create a slide file of the current drawing in its directory.
DodoCAD Blocks, Symbols, and Linetypes
- Numerous annotation blocks are now included for most typical annotation.
- Hand01 linetype -- A wiggly linetype for a hand drawn look.
- Property linetypes -- Three scales of property (long dash, two short dashes) linetypes.
- Auto-loader (acaddoc.lsp).
- Manual loader (dodocad.lsp).
- Profile loading -- Different users can access different routines, blocks, menus and so forth based on their login name, discipline code or specific profile (such as "standard", "beta", or "alpha").
- DodoCAD Reloader (DDC) -- Reloads the tool kit. (Useful only for developers.)